Does your business need a perfect system to manage the fleet and track maintenance, routes, locations, budgets, drivers and safety? Then you are exactly right with us.
In this article, we discuss fleet tracking and management, as well as some of the best software programs available on the market.
Fleet tracking software and its importance
Fleet tracking software helps to manage and track commercial vehicles such as cars, trucks and vans to ensure they are properly serviced and maintained. It allows companies to get the most out of the vehicles by improving their efficiency, productivity and driver safety conditions.
It helps businesses of all sizes keep track of their assets and manage their equipment, from heavy cranes and bulldozers to generators and trailers.
Fleet tracking software is essential for the following reasons:
- It helps reduce fleet labor costs.
- It helps prevent vehicle theft.
- It allows for quick vehicle recovery.
- It tracks vehicle maintenance and services
- It helps reduce costs such as maintenance, fuel, etc.
- It improves driver safety and optimizes drivers and employees
Key Features of Fleet Tracking Software
Here are some key features of fleet tracking software:
- Fleet vehicle tracking and real-time vehicle visibility
- Fuel management by ensuring efficient fuel consumption
- Fleet maintenance to optimize fleet performance, reduce labor costs and maximize ROI.
- Alerts and notifications such as vehicle status alerts, vehicle health alerts and unexpected event alerts.
- Outline driver activities and behavior and track their performance
- Fleet alerts ensure a stress-free fleet and keep track of productivity
- Machine learning with historical data to track vehicle upload
- Excursions and mileage tracking to assist with paperwork, tax returns, deduction calculations, etc.
- Digital documentation to add, store and share receipts, customer signatures, proof of delivery, etc.
Below are some of the best GPS fleet tracking software:
Motive is an AI-powered application that offers features like ELD compliance, Smart Load Board, GPS tracking, device tracking, WiFi hotspot and much more. The platform’s advanced technology takes the guesswork out by providing precise GPS tracking and live updates.
The software is best suited for industries like construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, trucking and logistics, delivery, agriculture, etc.
- The platform automates all ELD compliance and helps minimize violations.
- AI supports Motive to provide high-quality charges according to users’ needs and requirements.
- The Motive Fleet dashboard provides real-time tracking of drivers and vehicle locations.
- The dashboard allows tracking of all assets like trailers or equipment in one place.
- The software provides a WiFi hotspot to connect with your drivers.
To get started and find out the prices, you need to fill out the first form. Based on your answers you will receive an individual offer.
Verizon Connect is powerful, advanced fleet tracking software that helps businesses easily monitor and manage their fleet. The software helps increase fleet transparency, streamline fleet management and easily manage EVs by providing useful data.
Different types of businesses like distribution and government use it. & public safety, bottlenecks & heavy machinery, oil, gas & mining, etc.
- The AI dashcam feature alerts drivers to distractions or fatigue.
- It offers a drag-and-drop calendar and mobile technician app to streamline job management, scheduling, and fulfillment.
- It enables monitoring of expensive devices and tracking of stolen assets.
- The mobile application helps drivers track HOS, facilitate inspections and manage ELD compliance.
- Other software features include digital tachograph, route optimization and commercial navigation.
Verizon Connect offers two pricing plans: Reveal Starter ($0.66 per vehicle per day) and Reveal (the price of this plan depends on various factors, such as the number of vehicles in your fleet).
Samsara is FMCSA-approved fleet operations management software that supports diverse industries such as logistics, construction, and transportation with GPS fleet tracking, route planning and dispatching, ELD compliance, and more.
It is a one-stop platform for managing all vehicle types, from cars and buses to trucks and special vehicles.
- The software is available as an IOS and Android app and enables seamless real-time tracking of vehicles on mobile devices.
- The platform has reporting tools that allow users to plan more appropriate routes and send alerts and notifications about speeding, idling, and geofences.
- It keeps drivers safe with features like built-in dash cams and driver safety ratings.
- It enables real-time capture of documents by photographing objects.
- It allows integration with TMS (Transportation Management System, GIS (Geographical Information System) and Payroll .
The platform offers customized pricing plans based on your business needs and the features you need for your fleet tracking system.
GPS-Trackit offers one of the best fleet tracking solution that equips your fleet with various features and customizable features. Software benefits include proven ROI, tracking and locating your valuable assets, automating fleet reports, showing vehicle tracks, identifying nearest vehicle, etc.
- It allows customizing and automating reports and sending alerts.
- The software offers plug-and-play devices such as asset trackers, trailer trackers, dashcams, ELDs, and hardwired trackers.
- It provides safety alerts and driver scorecards for driver safety.
- With its GSA-approved real-time GPS tracking users can monitor public transport.
- It offers vehicle health features such as diagnostic reports, maintenance schedules and integrated fuel cards.
GPS Trackit offers customized offers based on the features you need, the types of vehicles you want to track, etc.
Azuga is user-friendly, customizable, affordable and easy-to-install software that offers valuable features for both drivers and administrators. Using the software offers key benefits such as reducing speeding violations, increasing customer satisfaction, easy reporting and much more.
This cloud-based platform is best suited for businesses of all sizes, e.g. B. in the areas of pest control, transport, equipment rental, manufacturing, etc.
- The platform tracks driver behavior such as speeding, accidents and more.
- It provides real-time visibility of vehicles and provides more accurate ETAs.
- Installation is easy thanks to plug-and-play devices.
- It offers real reports to keep track of all your assets.
- Other Azuga features include GPS tracking, vehicle diagnostics, and driver rewards.
Azuga offers customized fleet tracking solution price quotes based on various factors.
GoFleet is one of the best fleet tracking software for any size business. It offers a telematics platform, cameras and AI, driver training, car sharing, indoor tracking and much more.
The software helps your business increase productivity, improve driver safety and leverage advanced technology to get the most out of your fleet.
- It offers real-time GPS tracking to provide updates on the vehicle’s location.
- It features plug and play technology for its GPS tracking system.
- Customers can gain valuable insights and help drivers improve their efficiency.
- Other software features include indoor tracking, fuel and maintenance, driver training, fleet telematics, asset monitoring, cold chain and more.
Pricing requires you to book a demo with them after filling out a form. After you submit your response, a fleet consultant will contact you and provide you with pricing based on your needs and requirements.
Force By Mojio
Force by Mojio is an excellent piece of software that offers a simple and affordable GPS tracking system for small businesses. This software offers a plug and play GPS tracking device, a web app for managers and a mobile app for managers and drivers.
- The software provides reports in near real time and updates them every 10 seconds.
- It allows driver location sharing.
- The platform stores travel history and other details for up to 18 months.
- It monitors the condition of vehicles and updates them for maintenance.
- It offers a RoadScore tool that tracks driver activity and behavior.
Force by Mojio offers a 30-day free trial, you can book a demo with them and get a custom quote based on your needs. Their pricing starts at $18 per vehicle per month. The software does not require signing a contract and there are no hidden fees.
FleetSharp is one of the most popular commercial fleet tracking systems with a simple and affordable GPS tracking system powered by Google Maps . It offers a complete fleet tracking and maintenance solution that allows users to manage and track cars, vehicles and other assets.
- GPS Mapping: It allows tracking the location of vehicles in real-time, tracking the closest driver, checking vehicle history and creating custom shaped geofences.
- Driver Safety Monitoring: It allows drivers safety ratings based on speeding, rapid acceleration and hard driving to always keep track of how drivers are handling the vehicles.
- Real-time Tracking Alerts: The software sends automatic alerts for speeding, hard braking, geofencing, rapid acceleration, and more.
- Management Dashboards: Users can manage the fleet from their desktop and mobile devices, such as mileage reports, total drive time, idle information and more.
- Maintenance tracking: This software makes it easier for you to track your maintenance work.
To get custom pricing from FleetSharp, call or fill out a form with your company and fleet size details.
GPS Insight is helpful software for any business of any size with vehicles, heavy equipment and other assets. It is a leading fleet tracking software with the advantages of easy operation, excellent customer service, streamlined fleet operation or maintenance, etc.
- GPS Tracking Dashboard: The platform offers a customizable dashboard to configure with the most important things and also allows for the prioritization of KPIs.
- GPS Tracking Map: It provides real-time and historical visibility of your vehicles.
- GPS Tracking Notifications: It sends alerts about any vehicle activity, problem, security breach, etc
- GPS Tracking Reports: The software provides valuable insights and helps companies reduce costs, increase efficiency, improve security and much more.
GPS Insight offers custom pricing based on your business needs; You can call them or fill out the form on the website.
Rhino Fleet Tracking
- The platform allows tracking trips, arrival time, traffic, trip duration and more.
- It also allows tracking hours worked and overtime to calculate employee income.
- It has its own pre-activated and programmed vehicle tracking devices.
- It provides timely notifications of vehicle maintenance or service.
- Other software features include monitoring driver availability, notifying drivers when time is running out, managing hubs and carrier information, geofencing , stop, idle or speed alerts, and more.
One of the advantages of the software is that no contract is required and you can cancel the contract at any time. It offers customized pricing plans based on your requirements.
US Fleet Tracking
US Fleet Tracking is a powerful platform with a LIVE iOS tracking system that offers the fastest and most accurate solution in the industry.
It allows seamless integration with service calling and fuel card solutions and Google Maps to quickly find fuel or repair stations, shipping addresses, grocery stores, etc. The software also helps calculate ROI based on organization-specific data.
- The platform provides alerts based on distance traveled, times, problems, etc.
- The system dashboard has built-in live traffic information to avoid traffic jams.
- It allows creating customized reports with metrics like excessive idling, speeding, mileage, device input data and more.
- It stores the history of tracker playback activity for up to 90 days.
- With this software you can access live weather updates like harsh weather conditions to plan the following best route.
- The geofencing feature provides real-time vehicle trip updates.
US Fleet Tracking offers different plans for cellular GPS trackers and satellite trackers. Cellular GPS tracker pricing plan is Standard at $24.95 and Premium at $39.95. The satellite tracker pricing plan is Standard at $24.95 and Premium at $79.95.
Choosing the right fleet tracking software that meets all of your needs and requirements can be daunting. Solid fleet tracking software should easily track and manage all your vehicles, as well as manage drivers and operations.
You can start by listing all the software requirements and checklists you want. Then you can go through the list of software mentioned in the article to find out which one suits you best.